The new version is finally up, you can now add our own custom radio stations (3 of them, if you want more, let me know the URLs and I'll add them to the main list :P), you can even set them as presets, and you can set the volume for each preset. I've also added a load more stations to listen to. It was a bit of a logical nightmare (I'd like to keep the custom stations and presets sections separate so I don't have to worry about synchronising everything), but it should be fairly user friendly. The new code should also cope with future upgrades (anyone going from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 will probably notice the presets and selected station can be incorrect thanks to the addition of the new stations).
I've noticed someone's added a review saying that they're still having trouble with the versions after 1.3.1 and the thing is I don't know why. They suggested that maybe it's a 64 bit issue for them, but I can't see that being the problem. A part of me wonders if it's anything related to this issue
. I've played around on two systems, and I try to make sure it's stable and do a quick code review before I submit it to the live gallery. I've gone from the previous version to the latest, I've closed and uninstalled the gadget, I've even removed all the content from Settings.ini to see what a clean install is like. It always works. Always. Right now there are only really three things I can mention:
1) Close the gadget from the Sidebar. Uninstall the gadget from the Gadget Gallery. Open up C:\\Users\\[username]\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows Sidebar\\Settings.ini and look for any sections with the string "ukrp", then remove those sections. Install the latest version of the gadget. This should effectively give you a clean install.
2) I've had a suggestion from someone else that had a similar problem, and he managed to fix it after reading this page
. Essentially, you rename (or delete) the folder at "C:\\Users\\[username]\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows Media\\11.0" and then it'll apparently create a new one with 3 files (that aren't corrupt), and everything should work again.
3) Create a new (standard user) test account, add the Gadget to the Sidebar. If it works, you've proved it's a problem with your specific account, and not a problem with the gadget itself. Okay, so I haven't worked out why
EDIT: Some quick and dirty stats, but I think my server's getting around 300,000 hits a month from UKRP users, which I think works out as (roughly) once every 10 seconds on average. So if a station does break, I'd like to think someone will let me know.